I am an applied quantitative ecologist. My work with Apex Resource Management Solutions includes R package development, forest succession modelling, and caribou demographic modelling. My work with the MSH+UHN Antimicrobial Stewardship Program and the York Centre for Disease Modelling includes the development of indices to summarize the impact of antibiotic resistance on empiric therapy, modelling the impact of antibiotic de-escalation strategies, and analysis of variation in resistance over time and among units. I have also worked on the population dynamics of outbreaking forest insects. More generally, my interests include:
- The use of evidence to inform policy and practice.
- Data analysis: Space and time. Large data sets. Software development.
- Modelling: Design, implementation, parameter estimation, analysis and interpretation. Software development.
- Population dynamics: Outbreaks and cycles. Dispersal and spread. Evolution.
- Antimicrobial resistance: Stewardship, surveillance, causes and consequences.
I am currently based in Toronto, Ontario.