2021. Bridging the divide between ecological forecasts and environmental decision making. Ecosphere 12( 12):e03869. 10.1002/ecs2.3869, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- Hughes, J.S., X. Huo, L. Falk, B. Coburn, A. Hurford, K. Lan, A.M. Morris and J. Wu. 2017. Benefits and unintended consequences of antimicrobial de-escalation. PLOS One 12(2):e0171218
- Hughes, J.S., A. Hurford, R.L. Finley, D.M. Patrick, J. Wu and A.M. Morris. 2016. How to measure the impacts of antibiotic resistance and antibiotic development on empiric therapy: new composite indices. BMJ Open 6:e012040.
- Hughes, J.S., C.A. Cobbold, K. Haynes, and G. Dwyer. 2015. The effects of forest spatial structure on insect outbreaks: insights from a simple host-parasitoid model. The American Naturalist 185(5):E130-E152.
- Hughes, J.S., M.J. Fortin, V. Nealis, and J. Régnière. 2014. Pollen cone production in jack pine: spatial and temporal patterns subject to natural disturbance by the jack pine budworm. The Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 44(3): 195-211.
- Shore, T.L., A. Fall, W.G. Riel, J. Hughes and M. Eng. 2008. Methods to assess landscape scale risk of bark beetle infestation to support forest management decisions. Forest Encyclopedia Network: Environmental Threats: Pests/Biota: Native. USDA Forest Service, Asheville, NC. Online pub.
- Hughes, J.S., A. Fall, L. Safranyik, and K. Lertzman. 2007. Modeling the effect of landscape pattern on mountain pine beetles. Natural Resources Canada, CanadianForest Service, Pacific Forestry Centre, Victoria, British Columbia. Information Report BC-X-407.
- Schlesier, L., J. Hughes, A. Fall, and M. S. T. Carpendale. 2006. The LuMPB Key: A Multiple View Interface to Explore High Dimensional Mountain Pine Beetle Simulation Data. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Coordinated and Multiple Views in Exploratory Visualization (CMV 2006, July 4th, 2006, London, Great Britain), pages 31-41, 2006. IEEE Press.
- Hughes, J.S. and S.P. Otto. 1999. Ecology and the evolution of biphasic life cycles. The American Naturalist 154(3): 306-320.